A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Empty nester's vacation

PART ONE

On Tuesday morning, Rick and I headed out to my Cousin Holly's home in Wisconsin.
She and Jake have 2 beautiful girls (who are my 2nd cousins) , Hannah and Grace.
We have never been to their place and were very surprise to see this awesome sight as we pulled into their driveway.
~
Front of their home
View from their dock back at the house.... so pretty
Hannah 8 & Grace 3
The dock, adorned with "toys"

The sun room
The Kitchen

What we see from the "great room"... It's such a beautiful site.
Other side of the "great room"

Jake taking the kids for a ride.
Boat ride, cousin Holly with Gracie
I actually never drove it.... Just a pose :)

Rick, getting ready to take the jet ski out

Rick and I

Rick and I with Holly & Jake
***
Holly and Jake have a gift of hospitality, they are so relaxed and take such good care of their guests. Jake is a master pancake maker, and Holly whips up some pretty yummy meals! We were blessed to spend time with their sweet family and enjoyed our time together.

The Loft.... this was our room, complete with bathroom , very cozy :)

The view from the loft.
***
Stay tuned for part two of our vacation.

2 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful place. The girls are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you guys got to go to Holly's! It looks soooo pretty and that you had lots of fun :) Are you gonna write part II today? I wanna read it!

    ReplyDelete