A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

THE COOKIE JAR
I bought this cookie jar about 22 yrears ago at the Ben Franklin in Kasson.
(That's when we lived in Kasson)


It's the only cookie jar we have ever owned and
my children are quite attached to it, especially the boys.
Now that we've remodeled the kitchen and done away with the "PINK" countertops,
I just really want to do away with this cookie jar also.
It has those nasty PINK and BLUE hearts on it,
which was fine when I had my PINK countertops.

It also has a rather large crack right down the front
the color...
the crack...
doesnt seem to bother the boys,
they whine and complain everytime I bring the subject
up of getting a new cookie jar.
(remember we are talkin' grown-up boys here)

Last week I told Gavin,
"OK then.... If we're gonna keep it we will at least have to
turn it around on the counter so the PINK doesnt show".
His response....
*
..."then how will I know they are baked with love"?


Oh gavin... you got me there :)

3 comments:

  1. Some things you just can't replace. You go Gavin. Hold your ground. No new cookie jars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, cute comment Gavin :) I didn't know you had it for 22 years! Wow! It's one of those things that's always been there so I hardly noticed it. I used to sneak cookies from time to time at night and I didn't want anyone to know so I would try to put the lid back on very very slowly so it wouldn't make that cookie jar noise, hahah. So are you keeping it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hilarious. i LOVe that. gavin, you funny.

    ReplyDelete