A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I will never have ABS like Jillian !!!

I bought this DVD a few weeks ago. I figured it's been awhile since I've "moved" and
thought this might be a way to do that.
It's a good workout, it involves both cardio and strength. (abs, legs & arms)


I thought... how hard could 20 minutes be?
Then I remembered....It's Jillian
one of the trainers on "The biggest Loser" show.
She is relentless and allows no excuses.
Needless to say I hurt after I do the workout and for a few days after.
I've only been doing it a couple times a week,
but I've added a few other methods of moving...
I've decided to give up the "Search & destroy" method in parking lots.
Usually I drive around and around until I find
a spot that is close to the enterance of the store


But now I'm trying to park in the first open spot I see, which is usually in the "back forty"
I'm looking at it as an OPPORTUNITY to walk and
MOVE a little more than I have been.
Rick graciously did the DVD workout with me on Saturday....
all I said was, "honey I need a little encouragement
here to do this thing" and he was right there with me.
Now he knows...and can sympathize with me after having a workout with Jillian (the brute)
Oh, It hurts so good :)

6 comments:

  1. Haha, good job Mom! I did the Jillian one this morning and I'm sure I'll be feeling the pain tomororw. Chris did it tonight. I was upstairs with Audrey but I heard him grunting through it! Keep on moving and I will too! PS: I will never have abs like her either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have you come to classes in Kasson with me! It hurts sooo good! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving hurts more and more these days....I kept telling Mike that..."Wait til your 50 -- we'll see how much YOU hurt"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My abs are there somewhere. I just can't locate them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! good luck with it all! Congrats on your new determination! (i won't ever have jill abs either! it's rare!)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! I've been dragging Eric with me to the mall lately to walk laps. It gives us something to look at while we're walking (even though we see the same things every lap) and time to talk to each other!

    ReplyDelete