A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Spring cleaning done

Remodeling the upstairs has many positives...
Yes, the obvious is that we have brand new carpet,
wood floors, fresh paint, new countertop, sink and faucet
~~~~~~
but here's some great perks that go along with all the obvious...
  • the closets are cleaned and organized (we had to in order to carpet in there)
  • no cobwebs behind furniture, ( What furniture... we're waiting for our new stuff)
  • all the cracks and crannies are clean around the floorboards and walls
  • everything looks and smells clean ( new carpet smell & fresh paint on the walls)
  • all the cupboards are cleaned and organized (Needed to move everything out with the counter top installation, so what the heck... got um clean and reorganized)
  • more room in the cupboards and closets because of the "decluttering" that took place. ("goodwill" peeps know who I am, because of frequent drop offs as I decluttered)

I figure since I already have the "spring cleaning" done, I now have time to do some of the things I've been putting off because of the remodeling project.

Here's what I hope to have done by the end of spring

Paint the master bathroom, I'm sick of the burgandy and navy blue.


Not sure what I was thinking when I chose this floral window shade and that beaded curtain thingy.


I need to recover the piano bench...WAY over due


I wanna recover the kitchen chairs



Paint my bedroom...
yes, I'm a bit embarressed by the 1980's waterbed,
but Hey.... Give me a break, why get rid of something you like,
it's such a warm and cozy bed.
(the bedspread and curtains need to be burned) !


Gotta organize all these framed pictures that have been removed from the walls and shelves that no longer hang on the walls.

Paint Brianna's old room,
pastel purple walls and brown carpet dont really do it for me.
~~~
So do you think I can do it...
we're talking about a girl who doesnt like to paint.
Maybe I can bribe Brianna to paint while I watch Audrey.
I think I'd get the better end of the deal!
~~~
Hopefully in a few months, I'll have an update to show you all my accomplishments,
wish me luck

6 comments:

  1. Goooood Luck! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!!
    Did you buy new living room furniture? Whadya git???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to paint! Really! Sounds like good projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hired Brianna....
    Cheri we got a couch, chair and coffee table, I might need your help with organizing it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like painting too. I can't understand people who don't like it. haha. AJ, i don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! My parents had a water bed exactly like that when I was little:)

    ReplyDelete