A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Good night for a play

I usually give my Dad the same ole boring gift for Father's day....
A shirt
~
This year a Heard about an interesting play at the Jon Hassler Theater.
It takes place back in "the day" before cell phones and computers
It was about farm life.
~
Dad grew up on a farm...so did mom and you all know I'm a wanna-be farmer ,
so for my "Father's day gift" to my dad, I decided we should all go to the play.
Tonight was the night, off to Plainview we went .

The name of the play

****
The other very cool thing was the old resored tractor they had on display outside the theater


Dad...and mom reminesed about the old tractors

Dad taught Rick a thing or two... In the big picture he's tellin about the "power take off"
~~~

This one cracked me up...
If you know my dad, you know he's a social butterfly.
When he saw this guy looking at the tractor
he bee-lined over to him to discuss what he thought they would have used this tractor for.
Oh dad :)
~

Here we all are in front of a tractor that is the same make as the one my grandpa had. According to mom, it didn't quite look like this one.
~~~
The stage included just two sets, the one on the right was the porch outside the farmhouse, the one on the left was inside. It was a good play, lots of mini skits about farm life from days gone by.
It was fun sharing the night with my parents !

4 comments:

  1. It was a fun night. The play was great. What a show for having only 5 people in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I love gifts that are "experiential" vs. tangible. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool! I love the pictures, of course Grandpa would make a friend :) Good gift Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: I like your shirt

    ReplyDelete