A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yesterday morning my Dad was all ready to head into surgery
and we were there to send him off
My sis, and brother came down from the cities
It was an early trip for them

Mid afternoon...still waiting
we were told at one point it should be about 6:30pm when we get to see him
"they had a little problem with the valve so they had to tweak it"

Still waiting... now it's after 9:00, cant remember how it went but we have a window of opportunity to FINALLY eat supper.
Communication wasnt all that good, so we didnt dare leave the hospital in fear we'd miss the doctor. We had no clue why this is taking so long...

......way longer than it was suppose to.

Dr. Greason showed up looking like..... well, like he'd been on his feet operating all day.

To make a long story short, they found a "flap" in the aorta during a echocardiogram (after the surgery, but still before they closed him up), so they decided to put dad back on bypass for a second time and fugure out what that "flap" was. It was a piece of plaque like material, so they had to cut out that part of the aortic artery and graft it.
So that was random and unexpected.
~
This afternoon about 14 hours after major heart surgery dad was sitting up in the chair and doing fairly well.

17 hours post of he was out of ICU.

A little early, I think, but he's in a good place with great nurses to watch him close.
He was a bit "foggy" today, and sort of loopy at times, but that's to be expected!
... I'm tired, so I shall sign off for now. (I feel loopy too)


3 comments:

  1. What a long day that was! I'm so glad all is going so well now. Aside from Grandpa accidentally calling me Brenda....he's doing great! I like the pics, espcially Gran in the 1st one, what a goof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of a big happy family we are a big loopy family.LOL Glad it's over and thanks kids for being there for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy he's doing well. Thank GOD! Also, i'm happy that for a little while there, Grandpa thought i had come down to surprise him. i don't know if he saw me there, or if he dreamt it...but i'm sure glad he felt comforted by that. (Briana told me he mentioned i had come to surprise him with my family)

    ReplyDelete