A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

A change in the bedroom

Just pretend that the bed isnt a waterbed, yah...I know It's old school but we like it !
~~~
BEFORE
I've been searching for some new colors for the bedroom since we recarpeted last year. I've been eyeballing this quilt at Kohl's but it's never been offered in a King size (not even on-line). Today I was (once again) browsing the bedspreads at kohls and saw that they had a King. I was so happy and scooped it right into my cart. It's hard to capture the color in these photo's but It's a real nice soft calming blue in a geometrical design of circles and small squares. I wanted to be sensitive to Rick and not go with the floral look. I proceeded over to Shopko because I knew they would have solid colored curtains. I wanted brown to go with the browns in the quilt. The carpet is also brown instead of that lovely mauve from the 80's so yah... I'm thinking I like it, just a few more accents on the walls and that ought to do it !
~~~
AFTER

4 comments:

  1. Me like! Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. You da decorator man. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice, jackie!

    p.s. i have a new blog ... http://wordsthatsmelllikeautumn.blogspot.com ... it's about what i'm reading and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i like it! can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete