A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Celebrating with mom

I like to call it,
Mother's Day Weekend

Who says you have to wait until Sunday to start celebrating !

I started the tradition last year, I pick up mom and we go flower hunting.
That way she gets to pick out her own plants... from me.

This year we headed over to Altura Mn to a nursery called...
It's a Hog Farm/Nursery

It's huge
I have never ever in my life seen such beautiful healthy plants!
and the variety was amazing. We saw plants we had never seem before.

Mom's having fun "pickin" her flowers.

I wouldn't say it's a bargin basement, but the prices were no worse than the
green houses here in Rochester
Did I mention the plants were amazingly beautiful...
that was the difference from the flowers I've seen here

A very nice man took a picture of mom and I with our flowers
(he cut off 1/2 of the cart that was also full)
~~~
We worked up and appetite, picking out flowers so we
stopped off in St. Charles for lunch, the salad bar was yummy. Back at Mom's
we did a walk-a-bout in her yard to see all the new growth that made it through the winter.

Today was a great start to mother's day weekend.
I am blessed to still have my mom, and to live close by.
Thanks for spending the day with me mom!

5 comments:

  1. This brings back many happy memories of my Mom and I shopping for "our" Mother's Day flowers. Thanks for making me smile this Mother's Day. I hope you and your adorable Mom have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful mom and daughter! Oh and a grandma too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the second try at a comment.
    Yesterday was a very fun day. The place we went for flowers was fantastic. Never in my life have I seen so many beautiful, healthy flowers. It was a great day. Thanks Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day Jackie! I hope you have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your mother looks very pleased! i sure would be- those are beautiful flowers!!! i wanna go there- it's already really hot here- i need to get out early or late to get any yard work done- have a wonderful week-

    ReplyDelete