A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Remembering them

Yesterday and today I spent some time remembering a few of my loved ones... there are many but this one I alway visit.

Little Isaac, my nephew who I never knew.
He went to be with Jesus shortly after his birth


I look forward to playing with Isaac in heaven some day



and these guys...

My dad's twin (my uncle) and aunt who were killed in a car accident
They were pretty special and I still miss them

Isaac is buried very close to his great aunt & uncle
It's somewhat comforting !
Backside of Isaac's headstone with my Aunt & Uncles at the top of the picture.
Every year I lay a single rose on their graves

Yesterday mom and I brought some flowers to Old Concord

3 out of the 4 I never knew...
My mom's Maternal grandparents

My mom's parents,
I knew my Grandma Gertrude
How could I ever forget the great times we had on the farm
Wish I could have met my Grandpa Lee, bet he woulda gave me a ride on the tractor
and let me ride the horse.

There were many more family members buried in this Old Concord cemetery, we made sure all the tombstones were cleaned off and planters watered.
I know someday when we are no longer on this earth, we will want to be remembered, I want to honor those who have gone before me by doing just that...
Remembering them

3 comments:

  1. How sad about your nephew. Good memories of those passed before us really do sustain us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is weird. I knew three out of four of my grandparents too. I never knew my grandpa Madson. I don't remember grandma Madson I was only around three and I don't think we were around her much. We lived with my Thomas grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice tribute Jac'...thanks for remembering him! And others who were special in our lives.

    ReplyDelete