A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day one; North Shore

Rick and I love the North Shore. 
Lake superior reminds me of the ocean (you cant see the other side)
Lord knows I love the ocean
So it's the next best thing.

We like doing the mid-week trip, it's a lot quieter,
 no crowds, less traffic

Somewhere north of Duluth


Our first stop is Grand Marais, MN
Such a pretty site

Looking back at out hotel

 The bay

We love to go in October , tis the season of "colors"

Skippin' rocks
He's still got it  :)

Some nice guy took our picture for us

You cant have a trip to Grand Marais without stopping in at....
Sven & Ole's Pizza
Best pizza ever. 

 Tomorrow we plan to take some fall color road tours near here, then head on down to our next destination. Tune in tomorrow for another update.




4 comments:

  1. Ahh, looks so beautiful and relaxing. Dad's handstand is the highlight of my evening, haha, and the tours sound fun! Looking forward to more pics!
    PS I want that pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with that handstand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous...I wanna come! I love Grand Marais, Sven and Oles and the North Shore in general....enjoy it for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been awhile since we've been to Grand Marais ... but it still looks as beautiful as ever. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete