A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, September 16, 2019

Off the beaten path....

Normally I wouldn't pay much attention to mushrooms,
 but this one jumped out at Rick and I as we explored a near by 
nature trail in Northern Minnesota
I couldn't wait to see what I could find out about this little blue guy
 Lactarius indigo (milk mushroom)

It is edible! 
No I have no interest in eating wild mushrooms, 
I left it right where I found him.

We went off the paved trail and walked in the woods.

 the ground cover is really starting to show its colors

Love sharing life with this one. 

Reading about the different pine trees! 
We learned a lot then went back to the cabin to 
decipher what kinds of pines were in our yard. 

 White and Red Pines is what we decided.

 more ground cover

 little white berries.

So much to discover outside the bubble of your home.
Tell me do you like to explore?

2 comments:

  1. Now that mushroom would make me stop and take multiple photos also. I wonder why it's blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From some searching I've done, nobody is really sure???

      Delete