A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, October 14, 2019

October is my favorite color

Rick and I are up for our last weekend of the season....
It's time to close the cabin, more on that to follow.

This morning we took a little drive on some of the backroads near our cabin

We saw beauty all around us. 
All I had was my camera phone so the quality is not up to snuff.
Same photo, different angle

It's always so pretty around the lakes, so many colors!

 Last night I took this from the edge of our yard, see the little "pop" of color on the right, 
and the sky was so blue.

Now back to Saturday morning. 
We did get snow, maybe about an inch.
My son took this photo from inside the cabin

By yesterday (Sunday) afternoon most of the snow had melted, but we still were getting spurts of snow from time to time
 Snowing

I saw this little snowman over on the other side of the lake as I was taking a drive 

 The neighbors oak tree next to our cabin. 
We are otherwise surrounded by pines so this tree is a welcome site in the fall.

Winter seemed to bump right into fall before it was done. 
I bet winter will back off so that fall can have its time.... too short this year.



4 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely colors and lovely photos. That said, I could do without seeing the snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a bit early for snow! That’s for sure

      Delete
  2. I never tire of the beautiful fall colors. But the cold .... meh.
    Is winterizing the cabin an option? I'd bet it is beautiful up there in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not an option! We would have to do a lot of things to get her winterized! I agree I bet it is beautiful, but we are OK with it being our seasonal cabin :)

      Delete