A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, January 27, 2020

108 years old...she's a beauty

I Love old barns, the "back in the day" kind of barn, 
made of wood with a stone foundation.
The original barn-shaped barn, not the "rectangle-shed" kind-of-barn that are being built today.

So when I spotted this one on a recent road-trip with Rick, 
it was worth turning around  in the next driveway to admire it and take a few photo's. 
The white color is not traditional, nor are all those windows.
The windows are mostly south facing,
 I'm guessing to help with heating the inside during the winter months.


 The year 1912 is stamped in the stone wall,
and the lower windows are garnished with Christmas wreaths.
 I just love this old barn located about 1 mile west of the community of Frontenac, MN.

Head-on shot of this treasure.
I did not see any livestock near the barn or in the fields.
I wonder if it is still a working farm,
 I'm sure there are many stories from with in this old barn.
I would love to step inside....



2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a barn like this. What a treasure. What a beauty. Thank you for sharing this discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great barn! I LOVE all the windows!

    ReplyDelete