A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Saturday, May 23, 2020

The 1965 Mustang

Since Dad lost his license last fall due to advancing Dementia, 
I frequently taken him for drives in the country, or really wherever he wants to go. 
Last week when I arrived at my parent's home, dad suggested I take him out for a drive in his
1965 Ford Mustang! This car is dad's "baby" and I've only driven it one other time.... a  l-o-n-g time ago, it happens to be a manual transmission, so I wasn't sure how rusty I'd be, but I thought,
 what the heck...for Dad I'd do anything.  


It's a beauty of a car, it's been restored and drives pretty good for an older car.
Dad has had the mustang to many car shows and has come home with several trophies over the years,
 he's very proud of his old car.

First we must check the oil

 I had mom come out and take a photo of us, before we left.

Ya gotta have the dice hanging from the mirror.

 We drove all over the hills and valleys of Fillmore. 
We drove by a farmstead near Chatfield that we spent a lot of time visiting when were kids.
 Playing in the pastures, chasing the cows and running in the creek that flowed through the farms property. I was reminded of the time we were playing hide and seek in the dark and I ran straight into a barbed wire fence, to this day I have a 4' raised scar on my left thigh. No ER visit or tetanus shot, just washed it off and back out to play.
 I wish I would have taken a photo, it's a beautiful farm...next time. 

We visited one of our favorite spots Bucksnort Dam on the Root River. 
I love the blue-green colored water at the base of the dam

 Dad and I had a great time driving all the roads we love to drive, 
we did avoid the gravel this time, because well... we wouldn't want to dirty-up the Mustang.



2 comments:

  1. What a day. What a drive. Love that you had this special time with your dad. And I LOVE that Mustang.

    ReplyDelete