A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

On Lake time....

On lake time....
What exactly does that mean?

Well it mostly means, relaxing, sharing the cabin with friends, 
care-free  attitude, boat rides and enjoying all the God has given us.
It's been a hot June as many of you know. 
Yesterday we spent some time in the water to stay cool.

Being a cabin owner also involves upkeep, repairs and work....just like home.
It's all good and expected, we like the mix of leisure and work.

This little cheapy has lasted us 5+ years, it has finally seen it's last days. 
It served us well, cooking up burgers, hot dogs and steaks....
So much rust, but you get what you pay for, right! 
We didn't want to start with the best (5 years ago) after just buying a cabin and all the stuff.

Time for the upgrade, this one should last us for many years.


My mornings always start with a cup of coffee on the deck, 
it's such a heavenly backdrop and so peaceful. 
This week while sitting with my eyes closed praying for a friend
 (recently diagnosed with breast Cancer), I was startled to hear a very close deep humming sound. I opened my eyes to a beautiful humming bird just hovering in front of me, 
he was there for about 10 seconds them off he went.  This gave me and idea...
I bought a hummingbird feeder, I'm hoping they find the sweet nectar and visit often.

I snapped a photo of this guy on my bushes, 
he was busy drinking from the newly budding flowers.

Rick and I love boat rides in the evening, last night was especially peaceful, the lake was so still, like glass and the sun was under a dense cloud. giving everything a muted look
The Loons are many and don't seem to mind me and my obsession of photographing them.

We leave for home today, it's been a fun extended weekend, 
as always we leave with a grateful heart, and look forward to our next visit.

4 comments:

  1. We will bring the steaks to test the new grill if I can time things right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good, can’t wait to hang out with our friends

      Delete
  2. Oh, Jackie, as always your gratitude for your lake cabin shines in your words and most beautiful images. Love the lighting in the loon pic. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Audrey...it never gets old :)

    ReplyDelete