A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, May 2, 2022

Hope for what we call "Spring" in Minnesota...

Early spring in Minnesota is never good in my book, 
It's almost always wet, cold and gray. UGH!
This year seems, extra cold, gray and wet, double UGH!
BUT.....

Then I see this...
My garden gnomes are keeping good watch over my crocus's.

I took advantage of some helpers the other day to do some "Spring" house-keeping/organizing
This is my spice/baking cupboard, 
I have to reach way up high to get what I need and usually end up 
knocking several containers out onto the stove and then the floor.

So the kids help organize and consolidate, such good little helpers.


Rearranging with grandma's input  :)
I ended up moving some of the more common spices over to the 
middle shelf on the right-side cupboard

Carson even sorted & straightened my "junk drawer", everyone has a junk drawer right?
At one point he said, "Grandma you have 9 rolls of tape", oops. 
Carson loves tape so I gave him a couple of rools to take home.

It's nice to knock a few things off my list for spring cleaning. 
I'm thankful for my little helpers
Anyone else into the "Spring cleaning" mode?

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful helpers! My recent spring cleaning happened a few weeks back. Accidentally. I was looking for Caleb's oversized Buzz Lightyear in a bedroom closet. After pulling everything out, I found it in one of the last boxes. Since I had everything out (this is one big closet), I sorted and purged and donated. What a job! But I'm so thankful I did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:40 PM

      Ha ha, Most of my deep cleaning happens by accident it’s a good thing or it might not get done too often. Glad you got your closet cleaned, that’s a big job

      Delete
    2. Ha ha, most of my deep cleaning gets done accidentally. It's a good thing or my house might be condemned. Glad you got your closet cleaned, that's a good feeling!

      Delete