A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Saturday, October 28, 2023

He will wipe away all their tears, and death shall be no more....

It's been a year since that warm October afternoon, the day my dad would leave this earth, 
the day no one wishes for but in truth, it was time and Jesus called him home.

* * * 
The other day I went to the cemetery to "visit" my dad.
I sat on the cemetery bench that dad & mom had designed... 
It was good to reflect on our times we had together!

 I had recently been to Bucksnort Dam our favorite place to stop by on our drives down to his old 
stomping grounds in Southern MN
BucksnortI remember this day a year or two before he passed. I was so nervous as he was very unsteady on his feet. I didnt want to take away his independence, so I stuck pretty close.

 I miss our Lunch & coffee stops in the small towns, and how we usually had to 
make room for ice cream as well...a must with dad.
 
I miss having him in the passenger seat, telling me which way to turn as the 
country roads ALL looked alike. 
Now I have to figure it out alone, without his promptings. 
I'm sure he is smiling from above as he watches me struggle with direction.

 I can still find the "Old Farm Place", a 2-lane grass path is the only way to get to it now.
I LOVE this photo of dad walking, (hands in pockets) toward the old windmill that his 
Maternal Grandpa Erickson built, it's all that's left of the farm.


I took a little excerpt from my Blog Post after dad died,  click here to read

"On that final day, Saturday October 29th...
 
I walked through the door of your room and knew your time was near. 
I sat near your head, held your hand and played music for you.
 In your final moments here on earth I whispered love in your ear as you drew your last breath...
There was only peace, no suffering as Jesus reached for you and took your hand.

Dad, did you feel me wipe that single tear that fell from your eye as you left this world, 
It's the last thing I did for you as you went to be with Jesus. 
I believe it was a tear of joy as you were welcomed by your twin and all your people in heaven". 

A few days ago as I sat a single yellow rose on my dad headstone, this happened....
Look closely... A single "tear' fell from the rose as I laid it on the headstone.
Just like the tear that fell from dad eye the moment he passed.
I'm gonna take it as a happy tear from dad.

Click the arrow to watch the video


We all miss you Dad.
Save us a spot, we'll see you soon.

Love you dad.

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Jackie, tears are falling after reading this. Your memories. Your photos. Your love. And then that single tear you wiped away. And then the tear falling from the yellow rose down your dad's gravestone. Hugs and love to you, dear friend. Thank you for sharing this moment, your memories, your love with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That tear gets me everytime I think about his lats moments.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3:57 AM

    Herbal to Cure for (HSV), via… Robinson.buckler@yahoo.com

    STDs
    bacterial vaginosis
    STIs
    Chlamydia
    Chancroid
    Gonorrhea
    Herpes
    Genital warts
    HPV
    Trichomoniasis
    weakened immune system.
    weight loss.
    Pneumonia.
    Prolonged inflammation of the lymphatic glands.
    Purple spots on the skin.
    Diarrhea.
    Sores in mouth, anus or genitals.
    Memory loss.
    Depression and other neurological disorders

    ReplyDelete