A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, July 27, 2009

It's all very facinating to me

I come along cuz I find cemeteries facinating

I love to read the tombstones and wonder what happened...especially to the young ones. Like the two girls, same last name buried side by side who died the same day, and were only 2 yrs apart, perhaps a accident?


EYOTA,MN

***
He comes along cuz he's into geneology and it's all his ancestors....
~~~~~~
I get distracted by all the cool stuff around and in the cemetery...
...like, why this corn wasnt "knee high by the 4th of July" (Photo taken on 7-15)
~~~
and....

Coolest waterpump ever... awesome for taking care of the flowers around the gravesites
.....now, only if it worked
~~~
Some may think it morbid, but Rick and I find it facinating. It's so fun to discover ancestors from hundreds of years ago, we have the faces of these family members in pictures that have been passed down, now we see where alot of them came to "rest". It's a neat feeling to pay respect to those who came before us. Also it's a great thing for Rick and I to do together, it's a great way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon.
My dad and I are planning a little cemetary excursion this fall. He wants to take me to a little Amish cemetary and a few others where my side of the family were layed to rest. I better be sure to have my hiking shoes on, cuz dad is liable to take me out to the middle of nowhere.... I cant wait :)

7 comments:

  1. You're such a Nut! But I also have this fascination with cemetaries and it has nothing to do with the dead that are buried there. I like to look/read the tombstones and think about the lives of the people that lived them. Also...the really old stones are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoy walking around cemetaries too! Haven't done it for a long time...although we did drive through Oakwood Cemetary a couple weeks ago...that one is worth a walk through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the history of it all is very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randy has tracted down some of my relatives in Marshalltown Iowa. Ma'a side dosen't have much around here. We were never told anything about her side of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheri, Oakwood is awesome,,,but big

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christoph10:28 AM

    wow, am I the only one who thinks this is just odd? holy moly.

    ReplyDelete