A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Uncles

Uncles.....

I always knew my boys will great daddy's some day (they have a great role-model) But I really had never thought about the fact that they would probably be "uncles" first.

This uncle (Gavin), saw her first. Gavin is the quiet one, he doesnt say much but man oh man there's no doubt he loves this little one.


He loves to spend time with Audrey... In fact he's always asking if Audrey is coming over. In the beginning he was nervous about holding her, she was so tiny, and he's so big.

Gavin will just lay on the floor and watch her...quietly
but, if Audrey is fussing,
Gavin quietly picks her up and walks around the house,
showing her all the special things she likes to look at.
already teaching her piano
~
The thing that I love most is Gavin's soft chuckle every time he sees audrey.
It's kind of a short quiet giggle.
It's obvious he adores her....

...and she adores him
~
This Uncle, (Brice) didnt even get to see Audrey until
she was 19 days old. She was born right in the heat of Brice finishing
his Senior project, and preparing for finals.

It about killed him to wait... but the reward was great.
~
Brice is the "audible" Uncle...
he will look Audrey right in the face and say,
"I just love you"
and then.....


Plant a big ole kiss right on her cute little cheeks.
~
She's very amused by her uncle Brice!
he's also the the crazy one who will attempt to get her to
pass milestones way before her time, like walking at 4 months....
I dont think so Brice :)
~
I Love watching my boys with their little niece,
it'll be fun to see them continue to love her as she grows.
She's a lucky little girl to have two very cool uncles who adore her!!!

4 comments:

  1. That is a very beautiful blog. That little girl is so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It means the world to me to see Brice and Gavin interact with Audrey like they do! It's just what I hoped for. I can see how much they love her :) The other day she was sitting on a blanket at your house and kinda started to fuss. Gavin said, she doesn't want to sit there, she wants to walk around! So he went and picked her up and took off with her. It makes me glad that he feels like he can do that and is confident in his uncle-ness. Thanks for the fun blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew they would be good uncles! I enjoyed seeing Gavin with Audrey when we stopped by last week. He's a natural!

    ReplyDelete