A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, April 18, 2011

In for repair

THIS...

...is what a cracked LCD screen looks like on my $600+ camera.
The camera that is with me at all times,
that is ready to snap a shot at any given moment.

I'm kinda attached to this guy, so a cracked screen means repairs are in order.

I dont usually fall prey to the sales pitch of
"how would you like to purchase our extended warranty"?

But in 2008... I did, knowing full well that this camera would be, shall we say, used alot.
In the heat, in the extreme cold, hiking on mountain tops, in canoes, vacations, chasing after children, (camera in hand) and outings of all kinds.

Two cracked screens later.... (most recently yesterday)
I'm glad I have the "black tie" protection plan.

The extra investment was soooooo worth it. So I will cart myself over to Best-buy today to send my little camera in for repairs. Until It returns I will resort to my compact Cannon powershot, which I might say has served me quite well over the years.
I love it when things work out for the good.

3 comments:

  1. Not the camera! So glad you got the protection AND that you have a back up camera! Ready, aim, shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh. Two cracked screens? Glad you have the warranty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yikes!! I'm not sure what I'd do without my camera :) good thing you have a decent back-up!

    ReplyDelete